Article 1 Scope of application
- This Accommodation Contract and related contracts to be entered between SANAMANE and the Guest to be accommodated by SANAMANE, shall be subject to the terms and conditions stated within this Accommodation Contract. Any items not stated herein shall be governed by Japanese laws and regulations and/or generally accepted practices.
- In case where SANAMANE enters into a special contract with the Guest, insofar as such special contract does not violate Japanese laws and regulations and generally accepted practices, notwithstanding the preceding paragraph, the special contract shall take precedence over the provisions of these Terms and Conditions.
Article 2 Application for Accommodation Contract
- The Guest who intends to apply for this Accommodation Contract with SANAMANE shall notify SANAMANE of the following details:
- Name and phone number (or mobile number) of the Guest
- Number of days the Guest will be staying with SANAMANE, and the planned arrival time
- Accommodation charges (based, in principle, on General Accommodation Charges listed in Attached Table No. 1)
- Any other details deemed necessary by SANAMANE.
- In case where the Guest requests, during their stay with SANAMANE, an extension of the accommodation beyond the date in Subparagraph 2 of the preceding paragraph, it shall be processed as a new application for Accommodation Contract at the time such request is made by the Guest.
Article 3 Conclusion of Accommodation Contracts, etc.
- Accommodation Contract shall be deemed to have been concluded when SANAMANE has duly accepted the application as stipulated in the preceding Article. However, the contract shall not be deemed to have been concluded if it has been proved that SANAMANE has not accepted the application.
- When Accommodation Contract has been concluded in accordance with the provisions stipulated in the preceding paragraph, the Guest is requested to pay an accommodation deposit stipulated by SANAMANE within the limit of General Accommodation Charges covering the Guest’s entire period of stay (or a minimum of 3 days if the period of stay is to exceed 3 days) by the date specified by SANAMANE.
- The accommodation deposit shall first be applied to the total Accommodation Charges to be paid by the Guest, and then to the cancellation charges and compensation, in this order, on the occurrence of any event to which Article 6 and Article 18 apply, and the remainder, if any, shall be refunded to the Guest at the time of the payment of the Accommodation Charges as stated in Article 12.
- When the Guest has failed to pay the accommodation deposit as stipulated in Paragraph 2 by the date specified by SANAMANE, SANAMANE shall treat the Accommodation Contract as invalid. However, this only shall apply in the case where the Guest is thus informed by SANAMANE at the time the period of deposit payment is specified.
Article 4 Special contracts requiring no accommodation deposit payment
- Notwithstanding the provisions of Paragraph 2 of Article 3, SANAMANE may enter into a special contract requiring no accommodation deposit after the Contract has been concluded as stipulated in the same paragraph.
- In the case where SANAMANE has not requested the payment of the accommodation deposit as stipulated in Paragraph 2 of Article 3, and have not specified the payment date of the accommodation deposit at the time the application for Accommodation Contract has been accepted, it shall be regarded as if SANAMANE has accepted a special contract as prescribed in the preceding paragraph.
Article 5 Refusal of conclusion of Accommodation Contracts
- SANAMANE shall have the right not to accept the conclusion of Accommodation Contract with the Guest under any of the following situations:
- When the application for accommodation does not conform to the provisions of this Terms and Conditions.
- When SANAMANE is fully booked, and that no room is available for the Guest.
- When the Guest seeking accommodation with SANAMANE is deemed liable to conduct themselves in a manner that would fail to comply with the laws, or act against the public order or good morals in regard to the accommodation.
- When the Guest seeking accommodation with SANAMANE is clearly determined to be carrying an infectious disease.
- When SANAMANE receives demands from the Guest in a violent fashion or is requested to assume an unreasonable burden with regard to the Guest’s accommodations.
- When SANAMANE is unable to provide accommodation due to natural disasters, malfunction of the facilities and/or other unavoidable causes.
- When a person requesting SANAMANE an accommodation is clearly intoxicated and could possibly cause annoyance to other guests, or when a person is behaving in such a manner as to be an annoyance to other guests (in conformity with prefectural ordinances)
- When a party seeking accommodation is an organized crime group as provided in Article 2 Paragraph 2 of “Act on Prevention of Unjust Acts by Organized Crime Group Members” (Act No. 77 of 1991) (hereinafter called “Organized Crime Group”), a member of an Organized Crime Group as provided in Article 2 Paragraph 6 of the same Act (hereinafter called “member of an Organized Crime Group”) or a party or other anti-social element related to such groups.
- When a party seeking accommodation with SANAMANE is a corporation or other entity whose business activities are controlled by an Organized Crime Group or a member of an Organized Crime Group.
- When a party seeking accommodation with SANAMANE is a corporation whose directors include persons corresponding to a member of an Organized Crime Group.
- The Guest is entitled to cancel the Accommodation Contract by so notifying SANAMANE.
- In the case where the Guest has canceled Accommodation Contract in whole or in part due to a cause for which the Guest is liable (except for instances where SANAMANE has requested payment of a Deposit during the specified period prescribed in Paragraph 2, Article 3, and the Guest has canceled before making payment), the Guest shall pay cancellation charges as listed in Attached Table No. 2. However, when a special contract has been concluded as prescribed in Paragraph 1, Article 4, cancellation charges shall be required only when the Guest has been informed of the obligation to pay such charges in the event of cancellation.
- In the event that a Guest does not appear by 8 PM on the accommodation date and has not notified SANAMANE in advance, (or if SANAMANE has been notified beforehand, then 2 hours after the expected time of arrival) SANAMANE may regard the Accommodation Contract as having been canceled by the Guest.
- SANAMANE may cancel Accommodation Contract under any of the following cases:
- When the Guest is deemed liable to conduct or has conducted him/herself in a manner that would contravene the laws, or act against the public order and good morals in regard to the accommodation.
- When the Guest seeking accommodation with SANAMANE is clearly determined to be carrying an infectious disease.
- When violent demands and/or actions are made or carried out, or burdens that exceed the scope of reasonable requests have been made, in relation to accommodations.
- When SANAMANE is unable to provide accommodation due to natural disasters and/or other causes of force majeure.
- When the Guest seeking accommodation with SANAMANE is deemed liable to conduct him/herself in a manner that would cause serious annoyance to other guests or behaves in such manner due to heavy intoxication or other reasons (in conformity with prefectural ordinances).
- When the guest does not comply with prohibited actions, including smoking in the bedroom, or tampering with facility equipment, such as fire fighting equipment, or any other Prohibitions in SANAMANE Facility Usage Rules stipulated by SANAMANE (restricted to particulars deemed necessary for fire prevention).
- When the Guest is a member/part of an Organized Crime Group or a party or other anti-social element related to such groups.
- When the Guest is part of a corporation or other entity whose business activities are controlled by an Organized Crime Group or a member of an Organized Crime Group.
- When the Guest is part of a corporation whose directors include someone corresponding to a member of an Organized Crime Group.
- In the case where SANAMANE has canceled the Accommodation Contract in accordance with the preceding paragraphs, SANAMANE shall not be entitled to receive payment from the Guest for any of the services that they have yet to receive from SANAMANE due to the cancellation of the Accommodation Contract.
- The Guest shall register the following particulars at the front desk of SANAMANE on the starting date of their accommodation.
- Name, age, gender, address and telephone number (or mobile phone number), and occupation of the Guest(s).
- For non-Japanese Guest, nationality, passport number, and country of entry and date of arrival into Japan.
- Departure date, and intended departure time
- Any other particulars deemed necessary by SANAMANE.
- In the case where the Guest intends to pay Accommodation Charges prescribed in Article 12 by means other than Japanese currency, such as travellers cheques, coupons or credit cards, the Guest shall present such instruments in advance to SANAMANE at the time of registration of the particulars prescribed in the preceding paragraph.
- Please refer to “Check-out” section of the SANAMANE service information displayed inside the facility for the period of time the Guest is entitled to occupy the contracted guest room. However, when the Guest is accommodated for a continuous number of days, the Guest may occupy the room for the entire day, except for the days of arrival and departure.
- SANAMANE may, notwithstanding the provisions prescribed in the preceding paragraph, permit the Guest to occupy a room beyond the time prescribed in the same paragraph. In such case, the Guest shall pay the following additional charges:
- Until 3 PM : 30% of the room charge
- Until 6 PM : 50% of the room charge
- After 6 PM : 100% of the room charge
- SANAMANE’s business hours for the services and facilities shall be indicated in the brochures provided, on Notice Board at each location within the premises, and information sheet inside guest rooms.
- Business hours can be subjected to temporary changes in case of unavoidable causes. In such a case, the Guest shall be informed by appropriate means.
- The itemization of Accommodation Charges and any other Charges to be paid by Guests, and their calculation methods are specified in Attached Table No. 1.
- Accommodation Charges and any other Charges mentioned in the preceding paragraph shall be paid at the front desk upon request by SANAMANE. Payments shall be made in cash, or by means such as travelers’ cheques, coupons or credit cards, that are recognized by SANAMANE.
- Once accommodation facilities have been made available by SANAMANE, the Accommodation Charges shall be paid even if the Guest voluntarily chooses not to utilize our facilities.
- SANAMANE shall compensate the Guest for any damage if SANAMANE has caused such damage to the Guest in the course of its performance of, or by its non-fulfillment of, the Accommodation Contract and/or related agreements. However, this provision shall not apply in the event that such damage has been caused by a reason(s) not attributable to SANAMANE.
- SANAMANE is covered by Hotel Liability Insurance Policy relative to unexpected fires or other disasters.
- SANAMANE shall, when unable to provide the contracted rooms for a Guest, arrange accommodation of the same conditions at a different accommocation facility insofar as practicable with the consent of the Guest.
- When arrangement of other accommodations cannot be made notwithstanding the provisions of the preceding paragraph, SANAMANE shall pay the Guest compensation equivalent to the full accommodation charges.
- SANAMANE shall compensate the Guest for damages to items the Guest has deposited at the front desk should the said items have been lost, broken or damaged, except when the result of force majeure. However, the Guest shall not deposit cash or any valuable items with SANAMANE.
- In general, SANAMANE shall not compensate for lost, broken or damaged items and valuables the Guest bring in to our facilities that have not been deposited at the front desk.
- When the baggage of the Guest is brought into SANAMANE facility before the Guest’s arrival, SANAMANE shall be liable to keep it only in the case when such a request has been accepted by SANAMANE. The baggage shall be handed over to the Guest at the front desk at the time of check-in.
- As a general rule, when a Guest’s baggage or belongings are found to be left behind after their check-out, SANAMANE will wait for the owner to contact SANAMANE and provide instructions. If there are no instruction given by the owner, SANAMANE shall turn any valuables over to the nearest police station within seven days of when they were found, and dispose of other items after three months. However, food and beverages, cigarettes, magazines, and the likes shall be disposed of the following day after check-out.
- SANAMANE’s liability in regard to the custody of the Guest’s baggage and belongings in the case stated in the preceding two paragraphs shall be assumed in accordance with the provisions of Paragraph 1, Article 15 in the case of Paragraph 1, and with the provisions of Paragraph 2, Article 15 in the case of Paragraph 2.
- SANAMANE assumes no liability for the custody of Guest’s vehicles when they use the parking area under management of SANAMANE (“SANAMANE’s parking area”), as SANAMANE is regarded as simply offering a space for parking, irrespective of whether the key(s) of the vehicle has been deposited with SANAMANE. However, SANAMANE shall assume responsibility if damages are incurred through the management of the parking area and if such damages were caused by the intention or negligence of SANAMANE.
- SANAMANE shall assume no liability for the theft, loss, or damage to the vehicles, vehicle accessories, or items inside the vehicles for parking areas that are not under its management (“affiliated parking areas”).
- SANAMANE shall assume no liability for the cases where users of affiliated parking areas incur damages to the vehicles, vehicle accessories, or items inside the vehicles due to the actions of other users of the affiliated parking areas or any other person, as well as other incidents resulting in damages that occurred within the affiliated parking areas.
- Note 1: The percentages signify the rate of the cancellation charge against the Basic Accommodation Charges.
- Note 2: When the number of days contracted is shortened, cancellation charges applicable for 1 day (i.e. for the first day of accommodation) shall be paid by the Guest regardless of the number of days shortened.
Article 6 Right to cancel Accommodation Contracts by the Guest
Article 7 Right to cancel Accommodation Contracts by SANAMANE
Article 8 Registration
Article 9 Occupancy hours of guest rooms
Article 10 Observance of SANAMANE facility usage regulations
The Guest shall observe SANAMANE Facility Usage Regulations stipulated by SANAMANE, which are posted inside SANAMANE premises.
Article 11 Business hours
Article 12 Payment of Accommodation Charges
Article 13 Liabilities of SANAMANE
Article 14 Handling procedure when unable to provide contacted rooms
Article15 Handling of deposited items
Article 16 Custody of baggage or belongings of the Guest
Article 17 Liability in regard to vehicle parking
Article 18 Liability of the Guest
The Guest shall compensate SANAMANE for damage caused through the intention or negligence of the Guest.
As per Itemization of Accommodation Charges in Attached Table No. 1 (refer to Paragraph 1 of Article 1, as well as Paragraph 1 of Article 12)
|Total amount to be paid by the Guest
|Basic Accommodation Charge (Room Charge)
Extra charges for extra meals and drinks (breakfast, dinner, and any other foods and drinks) and usage fees for other facilities.
Any other service fees and usage fees stipulated by facilities
|Consumption taxes and any other taxes stipulated by Consumption Tax Laws
Attached Table No. 2 Cancellation fees (refer to Paragraph 2 of Article 6)
Up to 14 Guests
|No Show 100% of total charge on the start date of accommodation
|100% of total charge, 3 day before the start date of accommodation
|80% of total charge, 7 day before the start date of accommodation
|20% of total charge, 14 days before the start date of accommodation